We are looking for a Business Director to play a foundational role within the health and wellbeing unit of Conran Design Group. We are an exciting, growing business combining creativity, design and branding experience with healthcare communications expertise to transform health brands.
You will be a senior leader and able to make a significant impact on the business, managing senior client relationships on some of our most important accounts, and overseeing a team managing the successful delivery of exceptional client service.
You will need to demonstrate leadership, strategic thinking, excellent account direction skills, have a strong track record of brand communication and implementation, display team building qualities and have an understanding of the practical requirements of delivering and activating creative healthcare projects at a global and local level.
You will have demonstratable experience growing accounts organically, generating new business leads and running pitch teams, winning business. Development in the role will require you to be ambitious and entrepreneurial, with a clear grasp of the numbers and business behaviours that deliver growth.
Main duties of the role:
- Managing, enhancing and developing our relationships with our health clients to deliver growth.
- Building new networks within organisations to deliver growth
- Working closely with the Category Director and the new business team to prospect and pursue new business opportunities
- Playing a key role in pitching for new business, steering the pitch process, presenting the account management aspect of our offer and promoting our broader services.
- Working closely with the Category Director to build relationships across the Havas network globally and managing opportunities
- Running projects across multiple formats and channels from inception to delivery including leading the briefing process, defining budgets and schedules, and managing the internal teams (account management, design and production) to ensure a successful delivery.
- Overseeing and line managing other members of the client team in terms of mentoring, development and being a senior support across our Account Management team, helping to deal with issues or concerns as they arise.
- Working in partnership with our design team to inspire and challenge, ensuring the best creative results which are on brief and meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Being a senior point of contact for our clients to discuss issues or concerns and problem solving with the team to help find a solution.
- Overseeing the financial management of our clients’ accounts in terms of forecasting, budgeting and billing. Liaising regularly with our finance team to ensure accurate invoicing and profitable margins.
- Liaising with our internal design and production management teams, to ensure allocation of resource to fulfill projects in the most effective and efficient way.
- Driving organic growth plans across client accounts.
- Contributing to our thought leadership activity with a view on branding trends in healthcare.
You are: ambitious and entrepreneurial with a growth mindset. Ideally, you can also demonstrate that you are:
- A business and team leader – able to build trusted relationships internally and externally
- Professional, confident and calm under pressure
- Hands-on, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and internal team members
- Commercially focused - comfortable handling big budget projects including client negotiation
- Comfortable liaising with senior management and more junior clients
- Flexible, organised, with an eye for detail
- Deep understanding of process and timings to enable credible leadership of the team through production and implementation challenges
- A team player that will contribute to the success of the agency by sharing knowledge and lending a hand to others when needed
- An active ‘listener’ who knows the right questions to ask in order to make progress
- Can coherently deliver our positioning proposition to existing and potential clients
- Can deliver constructive feedback to help the team strive for continual improvement
- At least 10 years’ experience in relevant account management and direction for a reputable specialist agency/agencies
- Part of that must have been working in a healthcare communications agency
We recognise that your personality and enthusiasm will be as important as your experience and skills. Success in this role is to be found as much in the way you clearly - and persuasively – influence others and present your ideas as it is in the way you come up with your ideas in the first place.
With over 125 people based in London, New York and Mumbai, we bring brands to life through design and our belief in its power to drive strategic and commercial advantage.
We’re driven by insights, close collaboration and expert analysis. We pinpoint
crucial challenges and opportunities for every brand we work with, then define and execute strategic solutions.
We work across a broad range of disciplines and media. Although this role is focused on the healthcare brand experience, our clients rely on us for expert opinion and consultancy across everything from branding in its broadest sense to packaging, environments and stakeholder communications – all with a digital thread throughout.
We’re focused on the success of our clients. We create, evolve and manage brands that are powerfully relevant, highly personal, and designed to deliver creative, strategic and commercial advantage.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org